An excellent peanut-derived source of fat and protein as well as a source of 8 essential grains, Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula Parrot Food 4.4lb provides proper daily nutrition for baby parrots up to fledgling, which is a critical age of a parrot's life. Finely ground up extruded formula that is easy to mix, blends in seamlessly with hot water to create a smooth and consistent clump-free mash. This makes preparation quick and easy, improves feeding, and enhances digestion. Tropican formulas are all made in Canada and undergo rigorous 3-stage testing. This process ensures that every bag of food is safe, dependable and top-quality bird food for your treasured feathered companions.
Features & Benefits:
- Finely ground-up form of the high-performance biscuits with a high caloric density
- Recommended for African Greys, Amazons, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, Conures, Eclectus, Lovebirds, Macaws, Pionus & most Psittacines
- Contains optimum levels of protein, vitamins, minerals, amino acids & other nutrients required by growing babies & optimal, balanced & safe levels of calcium & vitamin D for all psittacine species' requirements
- Contains multiple sources of protein to generate impeccable feathers & natural omega & fatty acids from flax seeds
- Simplifies transition to Tropican high performance formula & provides optimum nutrient density & gut motility
- Easy to clean, as it does not stick to feathers, & easy to prepare- just add hot water to dry formula & mix
- Fully processed & pasteurized to eliminate bacterial & fungal organisms; high level starch gelatinization & has no solid/liquid fractionation, resulting in effective crop peristalsis & no impaction
Ingredients: Ground corn, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, ground wheat, ground brown rice, ground dehulled sunflower seeds, ground dehulled peanuts, sugar, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, dried yeast, ground flaxseed, lecithin, dried beet pulp, dried kelp, oat groats, L-lysine, choline chloride, DL-methionine, biotin, vitamin E supplement, niacin, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, rosemary extract, beta-carotene, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, inositol, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3 supplement.
- Administration of food with a feeding syringe is recommended provided you are confident of the proper technique to be used. Use a separate syringe for each clutch.
- Place syringe tip slightly into left side of beak with one hand. Pressure should be placed on the beaks commissures with the fingers of the other hand and palm of hand held behind the head of chick, preventing the syringe to injure the mouth when chick will react with a feeding response. When bird gives feeding response (head pumping), start feeding and aim towards the back right side of the mouth. If you are not confident with syringe feeding, a spoon bent on either side can also be used. Close monitoring of chick response and respiration is essential to prevent aspiration.
- Fill crop without excess stretching. A daily weight monitoring and amount fed chart should be kept for health growth parameters and future reference. Allow crop to completely empty between feedings. A bent teaspoon may also be used to slowly drip food into beak.
- Metal feeding tubes are not recommended, as they can pierce the crop and esophagus, allowing food to leak out. Can be fed dry to lories, finches, canaries and other small species as food supplement.